Weldship is a full-service testing, requalification and rehabilitation center for DOT & UN/ISO tube Trailers, MEGC and Ground Storage Banks. The methods and descriptions of testing methods areas follows:
Weldship has two testing locations for hydrostatic test, both approved by the DOT and assigned a Requalifier Identification Number (RIN). The hydrostatic test requires the disassembly of tube trailers and the testing by water jacket in accordance with 49CFR regulations.
Acoustic Emission Test
Weldship has been granted Department of Transportation Special Permit DOT-SP 12184 which authorizes tubes to be tested by acoustic emission in lieu of hydrostatic test. Weldship has the most modern acoustic emission equipment staffed by Level II, and overseen by Level III acoustic emission technicians/managers.
Inspection of 100% of the cylinder wall measuring thickness throughout and detection of detrimental flaws such as pitting, corrosion, and cracks. DOT-SP 12247 and DOT-SP 12718.
Acoustic Emission Testing Attributes
This style of testing which can be conducted without disassembling tubes from the trailer, without introducing water, has the following benefits:
- Test of the highest integrity designed to locate tube defects
- Follow up ultrasonic testing utilized to size and evaluate defects
- High Purity maintained in vessel due to elimination of water
- Improved turnaround time for requalification of Trailer.
- Test equipment is mobile and can be brought to the customer
- Regulatory approval of modern technology
- Reduction of valve replacement costs due to friction of removal
- Elimination of hazardous wastewater
- Detailed and objective test reports
- Reduction of operator error